Amazon.com Widgets

« »

The Bailiff

Most people know that Judge Mathis is my favorite TV judge, and my chronic unemployment has allowed me to sample a wide variety of TV judges. He’s by far the most interesting and entertaining, and the cases are usually more bizarre and hilarious than the other courtroom fare. Longtime watchers of the show (like me…I will at least admit I’m kind of ashamed to have watched it for this long) might have noticed the abrupt bailiff shift a few years back. According to this horribly designed website:

Judge Mathis Bailiff Dead at 37

As announced on a recent episode of Judge Mathis, former bailiff Brendan Anthony Moran died on December 28, 2002 at the age of 37. Moran’s death has been officially ruled a suicide; he passed away after falling off a balcony. Moran’s family disputes the ruling, claiming that Brendan would not kill himself. Still, it is an unfortunate fact that suicide spikes during the winter holidays, when people who are only moderately depressed fall into even deeper levels of depression.

Saying Goodbye and Moving On

On the first edition of his show taped after Moran’s untimely death, Judge Greg Mathis briefly eulogized his friend and coworker, finishing by saying “Goodbye, my friend,” and dedicating that episode of the program to the late bailiff. Of course, the show must go on, and Mathis, who is fighting to increase the ratings on his show in order to make it to a fifth season, is now working with a new bailiff, pictured at left.

R. I. P.

Brendan Anthony Moran

1965-2002

Clearly the site is regularly updated, since this five-year-old announcement is plastered on the main page and it claims this all was announced on a “recent” Judge Mathis episode, but who am I to mock? I obviously missed the eulogy episode and had no idea what happened. I just assumed he quit for whatever reason.

I can’t deny this news is kind of depressing. I wonder if they ever investigated and found out it was…murder?! It’s doubtful. The “we’re his family and we know he’d never commit suicide” routine is pretty common.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

26 Comments

You can post comments in this post.

• I am a single mother of two beautiful children and I use to be in a relationship with a man by the name of Pernell Onan Suber out of Detroit, Michigan and this person had asked me to marry him and I said no and after that, things went down hill. He has taken nude pictures of me and a video that we made together and put these items on Utube and he has created a Myspace page that is now public for everyone to see. He has stolen all three of my email addresses and I have reported these incidents and nothing has been done to stop this person. I went to my local law enforcement Trotwood Police Department and spoke with an officer by the name of Garcia, who claimed to make a report but NEVER did, so I filed a protection order complaint against this person and he in return put my address and telephone number on this Myspace page. Now my children and I can not stay in my apartment in fear of him and the people who have access to this page. I made complaint after complaint to Myspace and they still have not taken this page off their site. This person has also kicked in my door and held a knife to my face and side yelling for me to tell him it’s over. He has a gun and in my protection order he was suppose to hand over has firearm but was not made to do that. I really fear for our lives and no one seems to care, he is cyber stalking and I really need help before he hurts me, he also said that I wasn’t going to be able to go anywhere, I changed my phone number and he has it now and he’s calling me. Please HELP ME I’M SCARED FOR MY CHILDREN AND MY LIFE.

Dena' Lyle 11 years ago Reply Link

• I would go here first if I were you.

National Domestic Violence Hotline

Domestic Abuse – Getting Help

Frequently Asked Questions

The Ohio Domestic Violence Network (ODVN)

That being said, the only real way to be sure you have the most protection is to cover all bases yourself, and that includes arming yourself and taking the necessary classes/instruction so you are able to use your weapon safely and efficiently. It is your duty to protect your children and also yourself. When it comes down to it, you are the best defender of your own life and the lives of your children. Read those sites and contact the appropriate groups/people, and please do take note of the statistic on the second link I put here “According to a 1994 pamphlet put out by Battered Women Fighting Back Inc. in Boston, women who leave their batterers are at a 75 percent greater risk of being killed by their batterer than those who stay.”

Did you try more than one police officer to try to file a criminal complaint with? Assuming that is the route you want to take once you have read about your options and made a plan about what you are going to do, that is.

You can buy a simple double-barreled shotgun pretty cheap and you don’t need a license. Keep it away from the kids but easy to grab, and preferably loaded and without a hard to open lock. Hopefully your kids are old enough to know not to play with guns, but alongside gun safety for kids in the home one has to remember that a gun that isn’t easily available or easy to use is useless in a dangerous situation. Have everything planned in case of emergency, what you will all do, where you all will go, if he kicks the door down again. Make a safety plan for that and any other possible dangerous situation you think is likely. Make a will. Write down everything he has done and what you tried to do with time and dates, make copies and leave it with your friends.

Just my two cents. I have read too many news stories and accounts about what vicious men who are unwilling to restrain their rage are willing to do to not be incredibly wary about someone who is willing to threaten the life of his ex-girlfriend with a knife. I can only suggest the best personal defense options and abuse contact information I know of.

My prayers are with you.

Weatherby Hairlapse 11 years ago Reply Link

• The above post by Dena’ Marcelle Lyle about me, Pernell Suber being a cyber stalker is false information. I am in fact the victim of stalking, harrassment, smeared character, etc. She was the other woman and when I tried to end the relationship October 2008, she went crazy. First of all, I have never kicked in her door or put a knife to her face. She claimed was pregnant by me (which I knew was a lie) and started a variety of other rumors to try to assasinate my character. She has, left so many irrate messages on my voice mail that my in box is frequently full. She’s made threats to kill herself if I didn’t talk to her. She’s went to the home of my daughters mother in the a.m. hours of the morning, my sister’s home, brother, friends, starting trouble. Everyone ones just how crazy she is. She has made threats to kill me, has keyed my car, shows up in places I frequent in efforts to rekindle a relationship that I clearly don’t want. I wanted her to get the picture, THE RELATIONSHIP IS OVER!!!! To my surprise, Ms. Lyle filed a PPO against me in March 2009. She had the papers sent to the home of my daughter’s Mother to cause more confussion in my life. I was found not guilty and her case was dismissed April 6,2009 because I presented evidence that proved she was actually the person stalking me. Ms. Lyle continued to contact me after filing a PPO against me tying to get me to meet her somewhere for sex and drinks. She sent her number to me via email. I changed my phone number three times & she got the new number every single time. Again, I have the evidence to back up all my statements. Now why would a person that feared for her life, contact the man she claimed was stalking her, kicked in her door, put a knife to her neck etc?. In court, I presented phone records, incidents with dates, numerous emails from her, a c.d. with all of her irrate voice mail messages etc. I told the judge just what the relationship was. I admit, I’m not angel. But Dena Lyle knew I was involved when she got involved with me and the only reason she is trying to smear my name is because I don’t want to be with her. After the court case was over, I was asked to stay inside and give her time to reach her car so we would have no contact. I waited 15 minutes as per Judges orders. When I went out of the court room, Dena’ Lyle was talking to a female friend of mine (that she knows as well) in the door way exit of the court house. Dena’ then stopped talking to my friend and asked me to talk to her. My friend then said to Dena’, “you two should have nothing to talk about at this point.” I never said a word to Ms. Lyle.I brought my friend to Dayton, Ohio with me incase Dena’ tried to say I went to her apartment or harrassed her in any way, I would have someone that sould testify as to my where abouts. Again, I’m no angel but I didn’t deserve all of the drama being that she was aware that she was the (CHIC ON THE SIDE) from the start.

I made a choice to stay with my real family. I would like to post them on this site as public information for any man who is going through the same thing. I filed a PPO on Dena’ Marcelle Lyle. Men. So what advice does anyone have for men who are the victim of a female stalker?

Pernell Suber 11 years ago Reply Link

Pernell Suber 11 years ago Reply Link

Pernell Suber 11 years ago Reply Link

• I live in Dayton ,Ohio and I know Dena Lyle. I don’t find anything you had to say about her hard to believe. My Cousin has two kids by her and she messed his life up. She’s bi-polar and has a lot of issues. Good you got out.

Mr. Dayton

Mr. Dayton 11 years ago Reply Link

• PERNELL SUBER

15832 WILDEMERE ST

DETROIT, MI 48238

blah blah 11 years ago Reply Link

• I love how this all took place on some random blog entry. I assume it was random, but it could have easily been posted because someone was searching for legal information, or places to vent, using “Judge Mathis” as the point of reference. Something that would make this whole situation even more awesome/crazy.

Try using “Fatal Attraction” next time…

Boner Stabone 11 years ago Reply Link

• Dena is actually a great mother. She takes care of her children. She had a degree and is very educated. SHe just got caught up w someone she thought she could trust. Just like any and every other woman or human for that matter, she has made mistakes. She has taking care of those kids by herself. He childrens father is nothing but a deadbeat. He doesnt do anything for them. Im not sayn shes right or hes wrong im just sayn there is two sides to every story. I know both of them and he isnt a saint. He lied and got caught up then wanted to play ruff but got stuck. THose of u who are judging should take a look in the mirror. He is a coward for leaking that video, that was a sexual relationship between them and not the world.

Yungn 11 years ago Reply Link

• I WOULD TRY AND FIND A RELATIVE OUT OF STATE AND MOVE IN WITH THEM. INITALLY I WOULD NOT GO TO WORK BECAUSE HE CAN TRACK YOU DOWN BY YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER IF YOU PAY TAXES, NOW WOULD I GET ANY CREDIT OF APPLY FOR ANY CREDIT CARDS, YOU CAN ALSO BE TRACKED DOWN BY THAT. LEAVE HIM A COLD TRAIL. NOW HERE’S THE HARD PART, YOU CAN’T TELL ANYONE WHERE YOU HAVE MOVED TO. NOT EVEN YOUR MOTHER. YOU CAN CALL EVERYONE USING A PREPAID PHONE CARD. THIS IS TO HIM OFF OF YOUR TRAIL.IN A ABOUT A YEAR OR SO YOU CAN START TO LIVE A NORMAL LIFE. GET A JOB SUCH AS A BAR MAID OR SOMETHING THAT PAYS IN CASH. HOPEFULLY YOU AND YOUR CHILDREN CAN LIVE IN PEACE. YOU HAVE MY EMAIL ADDRESS, IF I CAN HELP PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I’M VERY RESOURSEFUL

james walker 11 years ago Reply Link

• IT DOESN’T APPEAR THAT SHE IS THE ONE WHO NEEDS HELP. AFTER READING BOTH SIDES OF THE STORY, IT MAKES MORE SENSE. IT’S WOMEN LIKE HER THAT GIVE US ALL A BAD NAME. IF WHAT THIS MAN IS SAYING IS TRUE AND IT WAS THROWN OUT OF COURT, HE MUST HAVE PROVED HIS CASE. SHE NEEDS TO GET OVER IT AND MOVE ON.

CYNTHIA DAVIS 11 years ago Reply Link

• Dena’ Lyle’s 3/31/2009 post. Apparently, the man she claimed is stalking her posted court documents of the outcome of civil trial between them which I’ve read and reposted. The judge determined her testimony wasn’t credible at all and found his testimony to be very credible. Everything I’ve read in his posted rebuttal to her above statements, is in line with the court documents verbatum. And get this, the judge stated that it was Dena’ that needed to move on and leave him alone. She was actually stalking him what a role reversal. Dena’ you are a poor excuse for a woman for crying wolf about being battered and stalked. Women like you make it hard for real victims of abuse to get help. You got dumped, became bitter and didn’t want to leave him alone. That’s why you got put on BLAST all over the net. I don’t feel sorry for you at all. Bitch get a life.

Raushana Sharrieff 11 years ago Reply Link

• WTF? lol

SAM 11 years ago Reply Link

• My name is Omar Alexander (remember me Dena?). Dena and her kids lived with me in Detroit and were living with me while she was messing with who ever this guy is that put her out there. I am a truck driver and when I was out on the road she would have all types of men in my house fucking. My neighbors started telling me what was going on. My Mother never liked her. She aint no stand up woman and she aint no good Mother. I can recall several times she left her 2 kids alone all night and came home in the morning drunk smelling like some dude. We would get into fights about it a lot. She is a liar and a very manipulatve disrespectful woman. She’ is always looking for sympathy after she has fucked up. I don’t feel sorry for her. I supported her and her kids the whole time they lived with me in Detroit and all I got was disrespected by her and her daughter. She didn’t have a job the whole time she lived here. Some of those naked pictures of her were taken in my house. She got caught up in her own bullshit. Hey Dena What goes around comes back around. This is the guy she left me for and told me she loved. I guess you were just a side bitch for him ON TO THE NEXT ONE.

Omar Alexander 11 years ago Reply Link

Omar Alexander 11 years ago Reply Link

• When you put your issues on random blog sites you open yourself up to be judged. I came on this blog site to read about Judge Mathis. After reading all the unrelated subject matter on this page, I decided to look up the video and see what all of the hype was about. This girl has the most disgusting set of tits I’ve ever seen in my life. She looks like a Gargoyle or a crack whore at best and her voice is very irritating. Very funny video over all but horrible visual. She just wants attention. I don’t think the world is interested.

Reed Richards 11 years ago Reply Link

• I seen dis girl all the time very nasty attitude. her body is nasty. Damn bitch shave your bush yuk!!!

True Skater from da Natti 11 years ago Reply Link

• Damn this Hoe is busted NBA No Bitches Allowed. She aint got her skates on.

Ms Ohio Bounce 11 years ago Reply Link

• I fucked dat hoe before she started crying n shit after a nigga got dun I aint fuck with her crazy ass no more dats wut da fuck she get fo being a crazy hoe.

J.B. 313 11 years ago Reply Link

• It pains me to know so much time & energy has been invested in something as stupid as this. If I was this woman I would crawl under a rock & never come out. Seems like she has more than a few enemies. She has no one to blame but herself. What goes around comes around & you get what you put out. The man who she left should be glad he got rid of her. The man who went back to his family should be thankful he didn’t get stuck with her. Posting anything to a blog site such as this was the worse thing she could have done. Not very educated at all.

Resa 11 years ago Reply Link

• TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS DUMB BITCH YOU STILL TRYING TO ACT LIKE YOU THE SHIT. I’M LAUGHING EVERY TIME I SEE YOU.

C-NAT-TI-GG 11 years ago Reply Link

• This shit is stupid no one really cares.

Champagne 10 years ago Reply Link

• Damn shame. Our our women getting better or getting worse with time? Sh*t like this makes a bad name for a lot of good women out there. Damn shame, SMDH.

Appalled 10 years ago Reply Link

• She played herself. When something gets on the net, it’s there forever.

El 10 years ago Reply Link

• Wow… I just wanted to read about Mathis too n I stumbled across this.. you really can find EVERYTHING on the web even when you’re not lookin for it.

Nicciy 10 years ago Reply Link

• What does he look like ?

Shanell east 2 years ago Reply Link