I watched the Joe Don Baker classic Joysticks today. It was a tremendous piece of shit, but it was filled with a lot of familiar faces who were nobodies at the time (and are, in the grand scheme of celebrities, still basically nobodies…but they all fall into the “Hey, it’s that guy!” category).
- Joe Don Baker
- lots of nudity
- it’s actually almost amusing at times
- nice cinematography
- the acting wasn’t completely atrocious, which is probably why most of the cast members rose up to become C-list celebrities
- poorly written
- most of the nude women are not that attractive and/or have terribly fake breasts
- the one girl who actually is really hot doesn’t actually get naked
- too bogged down in a worthless plot
- a few of the gags actually start out well, but they’re stretched for such a long time they stop being funny; I call this the Death to Smoochy Syndrome
- possibly the stupidest movie ever made
- not enough Joe Don Baker
All in all, I wouldn’t recommend it.